Protecting Your Privacy
We recognize that protecting privacy is one of the fundamental responsibilities we have to our customers and potential customers. We want you to understand what information we collect and how we use it. We gather information from applicants and customers to offer products and services we think may be of value to you and for our own business needs.
Because you trust us to use your information in this manner, we adhere to the following guidelines:
Our Information Security Procedures
We take the following steps to safeguard your information:
- We restrict access to your information to those employees who need to know your information to provide products or services to you.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your information.
- We require other companies we do business with to maintain procedures to provide data security.
Our Information Verification Procedures
We believe keeping customer information accurate and up to date is important. Your information is verified and updated through Customer Service with every telephone interaction.
We encourage you to contact Customer Service in order to verify and correct your information as necessary.
What Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of "nonpublic personal information" about you from the following sources:
- Identifying Information - information we receive from you such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and mother's maiden name.
- Application Information - information we receive from you on applications or other loan and account forms such as birth date, employment status, income, and home ownership.
- Transaction Information - information about your transactions with us, or our Affiliates, such as your history of credit card use, payment and balance history.
- Third Party Information - information we receive from third parties (credit bureaus and other data providers) such as your relationship history, credit histories and credit scores.
"Nonpublic personal information" is information about you that is generally not publicly available and that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you.
What Information We Disclose
We may disclose the nonpublic personal information we collect about you to our "Affiliates" and "Non-Affiliates" for the purpose of those companies offering their products or services to you. We also may disclose this information to serviceproviders and companies that perform services on our behalf or to other companies with which we have a joint marketing alliance.
"Affiliates" are members of our corporate family and as such are companies related to us by common ownership or control. "Non-Affiliates "are third parties that are not members of our corporate family.
Examples of Affiliates and Non-Affiliates may include:
- Financial service providers such as credit card enhancement service companies and insurance entities.
- Non-financial companies such as retailers, direct marketers and publishers.
Information Disclosed in Other Circumstances
We also may share information with "Affiliates" and "Non-Affiliates" as permitted by law in other appropriate situations, such as:
- With credit bureaus or other similar reporting agencies;
- With regulatory agencies and auditors;
- When we might sell or merge parts of our business; and
- As required or allowed by law (e.g. subpoenas).